Welcome and Integration Process for Refugees in Europe (WIR project) covers the most important and challenging theme that nowadays the European Union and its members are facing: the migration phenomenon and the welcoming and integration of refugees. A large partnership composed of 7 European countries (Sweden, Italy, Latvia, Germany, Spain, Austria, Finland) with 6 public authorities, 2 associations and one University.
– To increase knowledge about the EU strategy and approach towards refugees and asylum seekers based on the European Agenda for Migration
– To increase knowledge about the processes of welcoming and integrating refugees in the partnering countries
– To exchange best practices and compare European experiences on focus themes like, education and schooling, getting ready to work, cooperation with civil society and unaccompanied minors
– To transfer or adapt new models for welcoming and integrating refugees
– To create a tool explaining to the citizens the different approaches at work in the different EU countries